The University considers the student Identification (ID) Card as an important component in the campus security system and is therefore non-assignable. It is every student’s obligation to help keep the campus safe for everyone by displaying his/her CSU ID visibly and clearly on his/her person at all times while inside the CSU premises.
A. The following habits are regarded as minor violations in the use of the ID:
1. Wearing the ID underneath one’s clothing (shirt, jacket, etc.)
2. Carrying the ID inside a personal article, for example, a bag, notebook, or wallet
3. Wearing an id that has not been validated for the current semester
B. The following practices are considered major offenses in the use of the ID (warranting a major disciplinary action)
1. Tampering with the ID card
2. Using another person’s ID or allowing another person to use one’s id
C. It shall be the responsibility of the student to report immediately to the Office of Student Affairs and Services (OSAS), the loss of one’s ID to avoid inconvenience.
D. A student who forgets to bring his/her ID to school must immediately secure a Temporary ID from the OSAS before they engage in any school activity. Failure to secure a temporary ID will put the student at risk of incurring an irrevocable ID–wearing violation when apprehended by campus security personnel.
E. Students who lose their id should proceed to the OSAS to check if their ids have been recovered and reported at the Office. If the id is not found after three (3) days, a student must apply for a replacement id. A student must follow the procedure in acquiring a new CSU ID card found in the Procedures Section.
Penalties for ID Related Violations
The Director of the OSAS or the Committee on Discipline can give the penalties after an assessment not only on the nature of the act but also of the conditions surrounding it.
The following are the sanctions for each violation related to the student ID:
1. Late id application: 2 hours of community service*
2. Late id validation: 2 hours of community service**
3. Penalties for minor offenses on id–wearing rule
1. For the first commission within one school year, a violation will be recorded in the student’s name
2. For the second commission within the same school year, the student is required to submit a written apology to the OSAS within one week of the violation date
3. For the third commission within the same school year, the student is required render four (4) hours of mandatory work, which may take the form of community service
4. For the fourth commission within the same school year, the student shall be charged with a major offense and the case shall be forwarded to the Committee on Discipline for hearing
4. Penalties for major offenses on id–wearing rule
Major offenses shall warrant one or a combination of the following penalties:
1. disciplinary probation, the duration and conditions of which shall be determined by the Committee on Discipline and recommended to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, with automatic suspension for such time as the Committee may determine if any condition of the probation is violated
2. mandatory work
3. guidance and counselling sessions
4. public reprimand, through the posting of a memorandum/notice on bulletin boards of the VPAA, OSAS, Colleges, and all departments and offices of the CSU
5. suspension, the period and condition of which shall be determined by the Committee on Discipline and recommended to the VPAA
*The deadline for id application is the last day of late registration
**The deadline for id validation is one week after the last day of late registration
Procedures for Non-Academic Services
What do I do when I lose or forget my id?
Loss of id should be reported immediately to the OSAS. The OSAS receives lost ids regularly. A student who lost his/her id must check at the OSAS if his/her id has been turned over. If not, a student must secure a temporary id. If after three (3) days your id has not been recovered, apply for an id replacement. If your id is damaged, apply for an id replacement immediately from the OSAS.
Students must take good care of their CSU id and ensure that it is not used by others, damaged, or lost. In case, the id is damaged or lost, the following penalties apply:
A. Lost id
1. First instance: P150.00
2. Second instance: P300.00
3. Third and subsequent instances: P450.00
B. Damaged id
1. A penalty of P200.00 will be charged for ids that are damaged through the negligence of the student.
2. ids with damage brought about by the normal wear and tear, like fading ink, will be replaced after payment of P150.00.
Procedure for Applying for a Replacement id Due to Loss
1. Submit a notarized Affidavit of Loss to the OSAS. A payment slip will be issued to the requesting student.
2. Pay the necessary amount at the Cashier’s Office.
3. Present official receipt of payment to the OSAS. A Temporary id will be issued to the student until the new id is available.
4. Pick up the new id after 1 to 2 working days.
When a student forgets his/her id, he/she must obtain a Temporary id from the OSAS.
A Temporary id/Certification may be obtained from the OSAS if a student’s id is temporarily unavailable, for example, if it was inadvertently left at home. A temporary id is valid only for one (1) day, unless otherwise specified by the OSAS. A temporary id is issued after payment of a P50.00 fine.
Procedure for Applying for a Temporary ID
1. Request for a Temporary id from the OSAS and present any other valid id (with photo and signature, for example, a driver’s license, postal id, voter’s id, etc.)
2. A Charge Slip will be given to the student to facilitate payment
3. Pay the necessary amount at the Cashier’s Office
4. Present the Charge Slip and the official receipt of payment to the OSAS to claim the Temporary ID